Wednesday, September 2, 2009

time.

so i think it's time to bring a focus to my blog.

i have to say, blogging has been a whole lot of fun. not only is it a way to vent my thoughts, it's an aesthetically pleasing way to vent my thoughts. (is there honestly anything better?)

all the best blogs i know of and want to emulate have some sort of focus - my wonderful cousin rachel blogs about motherhood. oh, mishka blogs
about the beautiful little things in life. on the nienie dialogues, the story of the painful aftershocks of a tragedy unfolds while hope manages to fight through the sadness.

but i digress.

cheesy as it sounds, blogging is at its best when it involves ones passion. it's interesting that i stumbled upon blogger at a point where it was time to decide what i wanted to do with my life; i had to figure out what my passion was.

the phrase "when i grow up i want to..." has been followed by many answers over the years of my childhood, from teacher, to stanford graduate, to professional surfer.

and what is my passion? fitting with the theme of this post, (which i really hope you'
ve picked up on by now) i'd have to say time.

time is a musical term, loosely connected with, but not to be confused with, tempo, the 'speed' of a given piece. i could write about time for hours, but for sanity's sake, it involves a perfect mix of constant tempo and soul. also, i'm in love with it.

















whether you realize it or not, time is what makes good music good. a failed attempt at time is what makes bad music bad, in most cases. and it's something i strive for every second my fingers are touching my instrument.

and good music is what makes me want to get out of bed every morning and experience this world. it's no longer ever a sense of obligation. how lucky am i to have found this?

i feel this aching urge every gift of a day to make something out of it. which brings me back to my blog. here is an opportunity for you, whoever you may be, to watch me try to make something out of it.

music school?
band teacher?
world-famous composer?

who knows? but whatever the future holds for me, it's time to get started. and i'll be blogging about it every step of the way!

1 comment: